Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Homework #4- Time

The English language has many proverbs and sayings about time.

1. Time is money.

Heres an example: If I don't spend my time wisely now and study, I won't get a good job, and won't have money. So.. spending my time wisely now means I may have more money in the future.

2.A stitch in time saves nine.

If you solve a problem now and get it out of the way, it'll save you from a lot MORE trouble in the future. One problem can turn into many, so you should just take care of things as they happen.

3.There's no time like the present.

I like to think of this phrase as saying 'stop worrying about the future, don't let the past bother you, and just focus on the here and now'. If you spend your time not paying to the present, you'll miss a lot of whats going on around you.

4. Fashionable late.

Fashionably late means arriving at a party just before its considered rude to arrive late.. like, 10 or 15 minutes. Everyone in my family tends to do this...

1 comment:

sunflower said...

I understood what "fashonable late" means!! I missunderstood. I thought it ment something like old-fashoned.